Saturday, August 2, 2008

Chicago - Joliet Fine Arts Fair








Back in Chicago again and this time I finally got to stay with Jennie, MaryAnns sister. We had the opportunity to stay with her last summer when we did the Lincoln Park Artfair so I was really looking forward to it. She has a beautiful condo right downtown and the view is spectacular. Jennie's husband and kids were gone so we really had a "GIRLS" weekend. Friday night we grabbed a late dinner at a little greek restaurant a few blocks down from the condo (it was a perfect night to walk).




Saturday was a beautiful day but extremely windy (for all my Schleppers - you know how crazy the wind can make you!!!!!) so Jennie and I spent much of the day holding down the tent etc....


The highlight was dinner that night at my favorite restaurant - The Grand Lux Cafe - if you haven't been there it's a must!!! The food, the ambiance and definately the interior design.




Sunday was rainy and windy.....yeah!!!! It did clear up for some of the day but that wind stayed with us. Sunday night was definately a night to order in Giordano's pizza (I had been waiting all weekend for it and it was truly worth the wait!).




I headed out on Monday and drove straight to Alma College to do a Customer Service Seminar foe my sisters staff at Champion Cheerleading and then home to another baseball game. (You all know how it is - hardly a moment to breathe!)




A huge heartfelt "Thank You" to Jennie for being such a wonderful hostess and a perfect "Schlepper"! I feel blessed to have such a wonderful new friend. I can't wait to do it again next year at some Chicago artfair.

1 comment:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Al-Quida doesn’t like my avant-garde blog. Could you tell me Y?

God blessa youse -Fr. Sarducci, SNL